English is the language we all cherish and love to speak. Here, let’s have a look at this really funny side of this language to find out English is so confusing Are you ready? Here it goes!!!
- Use of Pro and Con
Pro and con are quite opposites which are meant for and against.
But protest is not the opposite of contenst. And at the same time professional is not opposite of confessional. Is it?
- There is no egg in eggplant. Do you find any?
- French fries have not originated in France. It’s origin is traced down in Belgium then how the hell does it called French fries. Big confusion!!!!
- If a vegetarian eats vegetables, then what does a humanitarian eat-Human? Oh no!!!
- We park in a driveway and drive in a parkway. What the hell is happening here?
- If Father is Pop, then how come Mother is not mop? Think, think and think!
- Neither apple nor pine in pineapple. Really confusing nomenclature.
- A guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. Ha ha, it is just a cute animal.
- When I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up a letter, I end it? Oh please, don’t use brain here!!
- If writers write, then why don’t fingers fing. Now it is time to accept English is so confusing. Isn’t it? Think and be chill!