What is Panda Update?
Reasons of Panda Penalty:-
- Poor, Thin Content: – As we know, In our beginning days, we all feel proud of writing 150 words Articles. All those articles are very thin. So, Google panda will treat those articles as thin content.
- Article with Grammatical Mistakes: – Matt Cutt explained very well that Google will not ignore any type of Grammatical and spelling mistakes in an Article.
- Content Farm: – Many of you don’t have knowledge about this word. Content Farm means a website having a lot of low quality pages for the purpose of manipulation or In other words, Pages written for Robots, not for Readers.
- Duplicate Content: – This is very common among newbies. I just wanna make it clear to them, Any type of copied content will not make you a professional blogger and also you will not earn any money from it. So, stop using others Hard work because it will only attract Panda penalty to your blog.
- High Site Loading Time: – Since Google is focusing on better user experience with these algorithm updates, first ever thing they will do, eliminate sites taking lot of time to Load.
- Black hat SEO Techniques: – Usage of any Black Hat trick to manipulate search results will attract a Sledge hammer penalty for Panda.
- Broken Links: – Any type of Broken Links, 404 errors can cause you penalty from Google.
- Too Much Advertisements: – Google Recently rolled out “Page Layout Algorithm” to penalize sites having too much Ads above fold. But Google panda can also penalize you for the same due to bad user experience.
Instructions to see whether the Google Panda algorithm influenced your site?
Below is a Date list of all panda updates. So, you can compare your traffic with each update.
- February 23, 2011 (Farmer/Panda Update #1)
- April 11, 2011 (Panda 2.0 #2)
- May 9, 2011 (Panda 2.1 #3)
- June 21, 2011 (Panda 2.2 #4)
- July 23, 2011 (Panda 2.3 #5)
- August 12, 2011 (Panda 2.4 #6)
- September 28, 2011 (Panda 2.5 #7)
- October 5, 2011 (Panda “Flux” #8)
- November 18, 2011 (Panda 3.1 #9)
- January 18, 2012 (Panda 3.2 #10)
- February 27, 2012 (Panda 3.3 #11)
- March 23, 2012 (Panda 3.4 #12)
- April 19, 2012 (Panda 3.5 #13)
- April 27, 2012 (Panda 3.6 #14)
- June 8, 2012 (Panda 3.7 #15)
- June 25, 2012 (Panda 3.8 #16)
- July 24, 2012 (Panda 3.9 #17)
- August 20, 2012 (Panda 3.9.1 #18)
- September 18, 2012 (Panda 3.9.2 #19)
- September 27, 2012 (Panda update #20)
- November 5, 2012 (Panda update #21)
- November 21, 2012 (Panda #22)
- December 21, 2012 (Panda #23)
- January 22, 2013 (Panda #24)
- March 14, 2013 (Panda #25)
- June 11, 2013 (Panda Dance #26)
If You still find it difficult to inspect, then,you can use Fruition Penalty Checker or Barracuda Panguin Tool. Both these tools will let you know about any algorithm penalty with simple Graph as given in the screenshot below.
Tips to Recover from Google Panda penalty
#1 Write Unique, Attractive, In-depth Content
This could be an old advice, but still it has main importance. Your Articles should provide In-depth knowledge on a targeted keyword to Rank well. It is tried and tested that Long Article generally rank higher, then, Short ones.
For Example, We can write this Article in 500 Words by simply elaborating the pints to recover from Panda penalty, but instead we decided to provide an In-depth guide which will help in each aspect “Reason of Penalty”, “Find it” and then, “Recover”.
#2 Remove or Rewrite Low Quality pages and posts
#3 Avoid Duplicate Content
If you have any duplicate content on your site, remove it as soon as possible because Google hates plagiarism. It affects Search Engine Rankings Hugely. But, if you are writing totally original posts and still you are facing a downfall in rankings, then, some other blog might have copied your article. That Article may be ranked higher than your and Google might think you copied it. So, Never allow anyone to copy your content.
Google says they have full control over coped Material via content farm algorithm but i have seen many duplicate posts ranking much higher than the original ones. So, you should never depend on Google. Whenever you find out a copied article somewhere, just report it to Google DMCA.
#4 Increase Social Signals
As we all know, Social media is the New SEO of the present internet World. So, never miss out using social sites to increase search rankings. The More social signals you get, the more your site become reputed and Google will rank your site higher. I will recommend to be Active on all social Networks like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. Also, don’t forget social bookmarking sites like Digg, delicious, StumbleUpon, Reddit, etc.
Most of Bloggers will know about this. Linking to bad sites can cause penalties. So, avoid linking to any of the sites who are blacklisted by Google. Also, if you are offering paid links or paid reviews, then, this is the time to stop doing that. Google will never tolerate this. So, Stay Away from Link Selling, Link Exchange, etc. If you want to link to a site which you think not a good one, then, use nofollow attribute.
Don’t become a blind affiliate. Yes, it can make you huge money, but this doesn’t mean you only focus on money making. Google wants a better user experience. If they find too many affiliate links in your well written articles, then, they will consider it as low quality content. So, do it in a limit.
#7 On-Page Optimization
A properly optimized site will rank higher in search. So, learn On-page SEO and implement it on your site. You can inspect some popular sites on Google and learn from them.
You May Also Like: –
So, these are some tips that can help you Recover from Google Panda penalty. If you find any difficulty in any aspect, then, don’t feel shy to ask via comments.
Also, let us know about your past experience with Google Panda? Don’t forget to Subscribe to News feed to continue receiving quality Articles.