You have recently created a website for your business. Most new website owners think that just creating a site should help them drive traffic and generate new revenue. However, it happens very rarely that a new website can start generating thousands or even hundreds of visitors per day.
So how do you transform all that hard work behind your site into web traffic? You have used a business name generator to find the perfect domain name for your website. You have done all the hard work in designing your site using a drag-and-drop builder. An aesthetically appealing site with clean code and high-quality content will still require something more to generate the desired volume of traffic. Promotion is this missing element.
So How Do You Promote Your Website?
Thousands of new websites are launched everyday day. you should be surprised to know that almost 90% of online content doesn’t generate any traffic from Google. So how can you ensure that your website is in the rest 10%.
The following promotional strategies should help you here.
1. Leverage the Power of Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the earliest forms of digital marketing. Interestingly, it continues to be almost as effective as it used to be in the early days. According to a report, for every $1 spent on email marketing, the expected average return is $42.
It is a highly scalable digital marketing strategy that allows you to reach any number of people with almost equivalent effort.
If your website isn’t doing well in web traffic, you should include email marketing into your overall marketing strategy. It can help your website and business in the following ways:
- Nurturing new leads
- Increasing your conversion rates
- Converting abandoned carts (if you have an online store)
- Onboarding new customers
- Boosting revenues from current customers
- Assisting your support team
If you want to succeed with your email marketing campaigns, it is important to create a custom email address. It will also be required to automate your marketing process.
2. Use the Power of Social Media
Another way you can promote your website and drive more traffic is by using the power of social media. While the impact of this medium on your site’s success will depend on the type of business you have, social media can work for almost everyone in one way or the other.
If you have a visual business, it can benefit the most from social networks like Pinterest and Instagram. If you have a B2B business, LinkedIn is the ideal platform for you. It is recommended to research your industry and competition to build your social media marketing strategy.
There is more to having a presence on social media than driving web traffic. Building a strong presence on these sites can build a positive reputation for your brand.
It is, however, recommended not to build presence on all the social media sites. Instead you should focus on a few sites and ensure regular posts.
3. Advertise Online
Another important strategy to generate web traffic is to advertise online. It is recommended to use Google Ads to reach a larger audience with your ads.
Formerly called Google AdWords, Google Ads, covers 3 types of ads:
- Text ads: These ads appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Video ads: These ads can be used for targeting audience or for remarketing to existing customers. These ads can be shown on Google’s Display Network or YouTube.
- Display ads: These ads are displayed on different online properties including websites, apps, and Gmail accounts
This is the most popular PPC advertising platform in the world.
4. Get Online Reviews
If you want to build a stronger online presence, it is recommended to get as many online reviews as possible. According to a survey, online reviews influence the buying decisions of 93% of consumers.
This survey implies that not having enough reviews or having poor reviews can prevent your site from converting visitors. It is also going to reduce the impact of your other marketing strategies.
The first step should be to have as many positive reviews as possible. This can help in building trust with your potential and existing customers. It is important that the reviews are genuine and recent.
So make sure to follow these marketing strategies to increase your website’s visibility and drive more traffic. Having a well-designed website in place is a good starting point. However, it will require special effort on your part to start driving traffic to it. Running an SEO campaign can also help in getting your site indexed and ranked. Remember, SEO is a long-term marketing strategy that can generate a large volume of traffic. Other strategies can help your drive traffic in the shorter-term, while SEO can help address your long-term goals