Content marketing has become the latest buzzword in the SEO world. Therefore, it doesn’t come off as a surprise that marketers have begun to focus on using guest posting service to build their links. Guest posting is deemed as an excellent way of getting visibility and it also presents you with the golden opportunity of gaining more web traffic and building relationships with your customers, which pay off in the long run. With each passing day, Google continues to make its algorithm more tough and complicated, which means that you have to adhere to strict standards of quality, originality, and creativity when you decide to guest post.
When you decide to make some guest blogging opportunities, there are some things you should pay attention to. There are plenty of pitfalls you should try to avoid in order to be successful in your endeavor and exploit the guest blogging opportunities to the fullest. Discussed below are some of the dos and don’ts of guest blogging:
- Always do blogger outreach program, whichwill enable you to reach your audience when you think about guest blogging. The niche doesn’t have to be identical to yours, but there should be some overlap in the audience, and you should be able to offer something different and valuable to the readers for branding purposes.
- Don’t forget to research the blog you are considering for guest blogging. You need to ensure it has the appropriate domain authority.
- You should also ensure that the blog you have chosen gets visitors frequently and stays active. You can judge this by the number of comments and likes on the pages and also check the subscriber count, as well as check blogger followers from Twitter and Facebook and blog rank on SEMRush and Alexa.
- Skim through the various blog posts to see who else has posted and whether they are ‘spammy’ posts or not. The blog shouldn’t be open to posts from just about anyone. They should have strict guidelines and requirements for publishing quality posts.
- Don’t think about guest blogging on blogs that don’t have a clear audience or subject matter. This is only going to waste your time and resources.
- Avoid guest posting on blogs that have an excessive amount of ads. This usually indicates a low subscriber count and fewer visitors because ads tend to annoy people. Thus, your post is not going to get the exposure you want.
- Blogs that have bad navigation and interface, poor infrastructures and confusing designs cannot offer a good experience to users. Regardless of how good your guest post is, people may not stick around to read it and your efforts may be wasted.
- There is no point in considering guest blogging opportunities for blogs that lack any social media presence. Lack of social media exposure will not help you in reaping the benefits of guest blogging.