LGBT stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. Today, member of LGBT community is found all across the globe. Cinema has been always an active medium to highlight the issues faced by the members of these LGBT communities. Let’s have a look at these 10 wonderful movies ever made which perfectly paint the life of these LGBT people.
1-Kyss mig (2011), Sweden-An young woman engaged to be married finds herself in an affair with her stepmother’s lesbian daughter.
2-Milk (2008), USA-The story of Harvey Milk, and his struggles as an American gay activist who fought for gay rights and became California’s first openly gay elected official.
3. Tomboy (2011), France-A 10-year-old trans boy is provided with an opportunity to embrace his identity when settling into to a new neighborhood outside Paris, but hateful prejudice soon catches up.
4. Brokeback mountain (2005), USA-The story of a forbidden and secretive relationship between two cowboys and their lives over the years.
5. La vie d’Adèle (2013), France-Adele’s life is changed when she meets Emma, a young woman with blue hair, who will allow her to discover desire, to assert herself as a woman and as an adult. In front of others, Adele grows, seeks herself, loses herself and ultimately finds herself through love and loss.
6. Naissance des pieuvres (2007), France-Summer in a new suburb outside Paris. Nothing to do but look at the ceiling. Marie, Anne and Floriane are 15. Their paths cross in the corridors at the local swimming pool, where love and desire make a sudden, dramatic appearance.
7. Patrik 1.5 (2008), Sweden-A Swedish gay couple adopt what they think is an 18-month-old orphan, only to meet their new son, a 15-year-old homophobic delinquent.
8. The world unseen (2007), South Africa/UK-A drama centered on two women who engage in a dangerous relationship during South Africa’s apartheid era.
9. Imagine me and you (2005), UK/Germany-A newlywed bride becomes infatuated with another woman, who questions her sexual orientation, promoting a stir among the bride’s family and friends.
10. Les filles du botaniste (2006), France/Canada-At the house of a famous Chinese botanist teacher his daughter and a female intern fall in love with each other – a forbidden love that must be kept secret.