We feel so lucky to be in the era of legends like Sehwag. The legend, who was famous to make all ballers scared to hell. The legend, who sometimes better knows as a run making machine. When we talk about test cricket then most of the Indian records are under his belt. On certain yardstick, critics have compared him a better player than Sachin and Ganguly.
Let’s briefly look at the achievements of this legend and then you yourself decide, does he really deserve a better farewell or not. Are you read? So let’s begin:-
- He holds the highest individual score by any Indian in test cricket as well as he is the only Indian to score triple century in test cricket with 319 runs against South Africa. Yupp, he is. So hats off to this legend.
- He holds the record to complete the fastest triple century in history. He also holds the record to be the fasted man to score 250 runs. He scored 250 runs in just 207 balls.
- He is only among top four batsmen across the globe, who have scored two triple century in test cricket. He is the only player across the globe to score two triple centuries as well as take 5 wickets in an inning. Really impressive!!
- He holds the record of highest strike rate among the players who have scored more than 8000 in one day international. He has scored 8273 runs at amazing strike rate of 104.33. It’s true!!!
- He holds the record to score the most test runs in a single day by any Indian with 284 runs against Sri Lanka.
- He also holds the record of highest number of boundaries score on first ball of the inning. His score is 20 out of 124 times when he has faced the first ball of the inning.
Looking his performance, we must say he was a legend. A legend who won’t born again. We as a nation should have given him a better farewell to make the work of this legend memorable. We know, we will miss him so desperately.
(About the author-Amarjeet Kumar Roshan is CA Final year student. He works as audit assistant.)